EU Based Course in Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control
Project Acronym: EUBCFEQC
National Joint Project. Priority – Curricula Reform
Project duration: January, 2010 – December, 2012
EU funding instrument: Interregional program European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument
Tempus grant amount: € 759 642
Target group: teachers and administrative staff HEIs, technical staff of specialised laboratories, graduates (masters)
Grant holder: University of Applied Sciences, Weihenstephan, Germany
Coordinator: Henning Willeke Contacts: phone: +49 9826 654228, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Applied Sciences, Weihenstephan, Germany
- University of Parma, Italy
- P&B – Consultores Associadoc, Moreira-Maia, Portugal
- Agricultural University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Kharkiv State Zooveterinary Academy, Ukraine
- Dnipropetrovsk State Agrarian University, Ukraine
- Kherson State Agrarian University, Ukraine
- Odessa State Environmental University, Ukraine
- Institute of Pig Breeding named after O.V.Kvasnytskyy
- Ukrainian Corporation of Industrial Meat Production
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine
Project goals and objectives:
- To contribute to the reform process of Ukrainian Higher Education in the sphere of food sciences and its approximation to the current European standards.
- To create and implement EU Based Master Course in Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control in four Ukrainian Universities.
1. New curriculum & syllabi of the EU Based Master Course in Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control (MCFEQC):
- creating the Academic Team to overview the existing EU & UA curricula & courses syllabi;
- carrying out the comparative analysis of EU & UA curricula & courses syllabi;
- summarizing Academic Team meeting in Kharkiv;
- publication of the Comparative Analytical Report;
- curricula development and syllabi elaboration;
- legalization/accreditation and publication of the elaborated curricula and courses syllabi;
- curricula and syllabi Presentation.
2. Teachers’ training and retraining:
- selection of teachers to be trained;
- special Language Training for selected teachers;
- upgrade of teaching facilities;
- 2 two-week Teachers’ Trainings in the EU Universities;
- experience Exchange Seminars;
- project Summer Schools.
3. Teaching materials in Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control:
- studying the scope of teaching materials available at the EU Universities and in Ukraine;
- identifying the list of materials for teachers that is necessary to be adapted and elaborated;
- elaboration and adaptation of the necessary materials.
4. Establishment of 4 Regional Master Training Centers (RMTC) of Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control:
- providing premises for RMTC;
- creation of special laboratories in each RMTC;
- selection and retraining of the labs’ staff;
- creation of the RMTCs’ libraries.
5. UA students’ education at four Regional Master Training Centres:
- selection of the advanced students at UA participating universities;
- delivering the Master Course to the selected students;
- practical placement of UA students at the EU and UA enterprises;
- EU-UA Master Diplomas Defense;
- creation of the Alumni Association.
- creation of the project web-site;
- issuing monthly Electronic Project Bulletin;
- student Job Fairs;
- project Public Events and Dissemination Activities;
- international Scientific Conference on practical EU and UA standards on teaching the
- MC in Foodstuff Expertise and Quality Control.
- approval and publication of the elaborated curricula and courses syllabi;
- cooperation with the Universities’ environment;
- creation of the Alumni Association;
- usage of the specialised labs’ equipment.
8. Quality Control And Monitoring:
- day-to-day University Quality control and Monitoring;
- external Quality Control and Monitoring;
- inter-university quality monitoring.
9. Management of the project:
- creation of the Project Coordinating Group;
- project Coordinating Meeting;
- annual Meetings on the contractual issues in Brussels;
- elaboration of the project Progress and Final Reports.
- New curriculum & syllabi of the EU Based Master Course in Foodstuff Expertise &
- Quality Control (MCFEQC) starts from the project very beginning in January 2010.
- Teachers’ training and retraining starts in September 2010.
- Teaching materials in Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control will begin in September 2010.
- Establishment of 4 Regional Master Training Centers (RMTC) on Foodstuff Expertise & Quality Control.
- UA students’ education at four Regional Master Training Centres starts in April 2011.
Project coordinator(s) in Ukraine: Kharkiv State Zooveterinarv Academy
Responsible person: Stanislav Grymblat, Vice-rector, Department of International and Economic cooperation
Contacts: phone: + 38 057 6357522, e-mail: email@example.com
Project web-site: www.foodstuff.in.ua, http://foodstuff.osenu.org.ua